Friday, October 16, 2009

Now what?


The title of the quilt is Free Floating Anxieties so I guess it's appropriate to post today.I lost my job yesterday and am suffering a crisis of confidence. Why is it that, whenever I'm faced with the challenge of finding a new job I forget how many great skills I have? Truth be told, even in this economy I should have plenty of marketable qualities to find a new job and a good one at that. I am a virtual wizard at MS Office, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Publisher, all that stuff. I can build a website, design a logo, create web content, take a good photo, write anything that needs writing, you name it, I can do it. Still, I remain in this state of anxiety, quaking in my boots.
My prayer is that I can cobble together some gainful projects while I search for a full time job. I have the following opportunities on deck:
  • I signed up to participate in the Prescott Fine Arts Holiday Gift Show. (Last year I got a check from them and I don't even remember what I gave them to sell! That's a sorry admission, isn't it?)
  • I received an inquiry from a designer who would like some samples made and patterns created. I'm waiting to see her sketches.
  • I've got this idea for a business and I'm going to start researching it immediately. (No, I'm not telling you yet, silly! No jinxing it!)
God is good and HE WILL PROVIDE. 'nuf said.



Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home